Thursday, 7 April 2016

Letter to President Buhari: Nigerians Are In Pain, No Fuel, No Light, Dollar Is High

Buhari Cries Over $16Billion Oil Revenue Missing

The current condition of Nigeria as a nation has been attracting the attention of Nigerians. There’s an air of confusion within the land. The drivers of the nation’s economy aren’t heading the country in the right direction.

The problems Nigerians are encountering stem basically from a high foreign exchange rate, ongoing fuel scarcity and lack of power supply. The discussion among Nigerians currently revolves around this three-headed behemoth. Nigerians cannot continue to keep quiet, thinking all is well with the country.


The attention of a concerned Nigerian man, who lives in Lagos state, has also been drawn to the horrible situation Nigeria finds itself as a nation currently. He wrote a heart-felt and touching letter addressed to President Buhari on what Lagosians, and Nigerians by extension, are going through at the moment.

Nigerians



Dear President Muhammadu Buhari,
I am glad that you are doing all you can to move Nigerian forward. I believe you will take us near the promised land, even if you do not take us there. I, as a concerned Nigerian, have to voice my opinion about the recent happenings going on in the country. Although, I am not a fan of Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state, your number one critic in Nigeria, but it seems you should feel our heartbeat, as you preside over all of us as our president. Nigerians voted for you massively on Saturday, March 28, last year, with the hope that your ‘Change mantra’ will wipe the tears off their faces.
Sir, I am purposely writing this letter to tell you, Nigerians are not really happy with you at the moment. Nigerians are not smiling. The gospel truth must be told. What prompted me to write this letter was what happened to me on Monday, April 4, on my way coming to the office. As I got to the bus stop that day, I discovered there had been a 50% hike in transport fare. I was fortunate I was not stranded that day, because I had double the amount I take to work daily on me.
I am seriously worried about your government achieving much, as Professor Ango Abdullahi said, you are working with a team of incompetent men and women, while the director general of West African Institute for Financial and Economic Management, Professor Akpan Ekpo, said danger looms ahead for the future of the economy.
We are hearing discordant tunes from the government regarding solving the lingering fuel crisis. The minister of state for petroleum is saying something else, while the presidency is saying another.
On foreign exchange, Nigerians are now paying double the amount they used to pay a few months back to buy imported products, since Nigeria is highly dependent on importation, and the dollar is rising everyday against the naira. As a result of this, some manufacturers are closing shop, while some are laying off the staff at an alarming rate.
The power sector is nothing to write home about at all. We sleep for comfort, but in Nigeria, our sleep is more of a nightmare. We sweat terribly at night due to heat, instead of enjoying our cool blowing fan or air conditioner.
Mr President Sir, I will not want to sound like a pessimist right now, but when will Nigeria get out of these horrible situation?
I believe you want the best for all Nigerians and Nigeria. I will always support you, as long as you show us what real leadership entails.
Thank you Sir.
Yours,
Concerned Nigerian.

No comments:

Post a Comment