" I have reviewed all the reports from field officers and the independent monitors. And have come to the conclusion that, election rigging is usually the reason for electoral violence; often carried out by the unpopular party.
The Rivers' experience was such that the All Progressives Congress was not prepared for the elections. I arrived at the above conclusion, when I received a call from a particular leader of the All Progressives Congress; demanding that I move the date of the election to a later date to enable his party the APC, access some funds for the election, and regain political acceptance in Ogoni land through the kick-starting of a cleanup exercise. Furthermore, part of the reports I got with video evidence, shows that, the All Progressives Congress resorted to monetary inducement and coercion of INEC officials to do their bidding. And the PDP resisted both the members of APC and some INEC officials which led to violence in some polling units.
To this end, I recommend that INEC ;
1-Upholds the declarations and return made in the state and federal constituencies where elections had been concluded.
2-Conduct and conclude all elections in the remaining 8 local government areas, and polling units on the 2nd of April, 2016 "
#IStandWithRiversREC
No comments:
Post a Comment